Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Magic Wand - Rainy Day Fun

First off, I'd like to suggest an idea for active play on a rainy day.  My community has a recreational program - a leisure guide that comes out from the Parks and Recreation Department.  I noticed there are some drop in activities and today we will be going to one of them. It's a tot play activity where they take one of the gyms at the rec centre and pull out the mats, some gymnastics equipment, balls, hockey sticks, ride on toys etc. and the kids - all little ones - can go wild.  They can slide down the big slide made out of triangle mats, walk the balance beam, ride a toy, run, jump, play ball.  It's a great way to burn off energy indoors for the price tag of $4.50.

We are having a 'Mommy Day' where my toddler and I are having some one on one time and I know he'll love this.  We'll head over to Boston Pizza for 'bugs and cheese'  after (I'll just have a tea) and then off to play a little more together.  We don't get a lot of time for just the two of us, and I think this will make it a special day.

The other day he wanted a magic wand.  He was using a long stick that has a string/feather on the end for the cats.  Not such a great thing as he was nearly poking everyone in the eye.  So I checked the recycling bin, pulled out some cardboard, added a wooden spoon and voila!  We now have a star, stapled (and then taped as he kept pulling the staples, off, lol) to the top of the spoon.    It might say cheerios on one side - but he choose the writing side out and is happy with it like that.  It's been working it's magic ever since!

No comments:

Post a Comment