Monday, February 22, 2010

I've been thinking about this blog lately, and I've decided to change it's direction a bit.  I still want to share all the fun things you can do with your toddler and your preschooler, but I find myself wanting to chat about more than just crafts and games.  

As a working mother, I don't get to do as much with the boys as I'd like to.  My day starts at 5am and we don't get back home until 7pm on my workdays.  That means I barely see them.  I don't like it, but it is what it is.  I work longer hours each day so that I can work a shorter week.  My commute is brutal (I spend nearly four hours a day commuting when you factor in the drop off/pick up time for the kids - I drive and take transit)  and there is no immediate end in sight for this.  My office is downtown, I live in the suburbs and I can't change work locations.  I have a job that I love and it makes financial sense for me to stay at.  And I think I'm not alone in this - there are plenty of other Moms in the same boat.

When you have a busy life and spend time away from the home, there are challenges.  There are also precious moments, spontaneous things happening, and lots of things to share with other parents.  I'd like to do that here.  Talk about what's important, what works, what maybe didn't work so well, and ensure that great ideas for family fun get shared with those that read this blog.

I haven't been able to write the newsletter, and I'm not sure that I'll be able to keep it up, but I will continue to write this blog.  It'll just be a little more 'newsy' and 'chatty'.    Kind of like having a conversation with a good friend.    When I find something I think is a great product, I'll tell you.  If I find a great recipe, I'll share it.  A fun family activity - you guessed it - I'll write about it.  I'll try to include pictures of things you might like to see, and good descriptions of those I can't get a photo of.

I hope you'll stick with me while I stretch my wings here - and I hope that you'll share, too.  Your comments are most welcome - and if you have great ideas to share, please don't be shy!!

Here's to a new beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment